Home Our School History

Huppertz Elementary
247 Bangor Street
San Antonio, Texas  78228

Phone: (210) 438-6580
Fax: (210) 433-4984


Student Email

History PDF Print

History of Mary F. Huppertz Elementary


Mary F. Huppertz Elementary School was dedicated during Texas Public School Week on March 5, 1959 , by San Antonio Independent School Superintendent , Thomas B. Portwood. Mr. Oscar E. Miller , Assistant Superintendent , who was a personal friend and educational associate of Ms. Huppertz, presented an impressive tribute. Ms. Huppertz was present at the dedication and was accompanied by members of her family. During the 49 years of existence , Mary Frances Huppertz Elementary School has served the community by meeting the needs of the children.

Symbols of Huppertz

The School colors of green and white were adopted in 1958. In 1972 , the mascot, "The Cougar " was adopted by the Huppertz Student Body.
"Excellence, Honor and Pride " our school motto was written by student , Nancy Gonzales and was adopted by the Huppertz Faculty in 1988.
Our school song was written by teacher, Martha Lou Martinez Bailey in 1993.