Welcome to Navarro!
School of Choice and Opportunity!
8:45AM - 4:15PM
Navarro High School is located in downtown San Antonio in a historic setting. Navarro first opened as an elementary school in February 1886 as School #8 and was named after the Texas patriot, Jose Antonio Navarro in May 1902. In the 1930's, Navarro was the largest elementary school in SAISD but by 1975 was closed due to declining enrollment. The three oldest Navarro school buildings (dating 1886, 1892, and 1902) were placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. The campus was remodeled in 1988 and between then and 2002 was the Navarro Achievement Center, an alternative campus for middle and high school students.
In 2002 the name changed to Navarro Academy when joined by Adelante Academy. Since 1994, this non-traditional high school of choice for former drop-outs aged 16-21 years had operated at 601 N. Flores Street, the site of the former Travis Bank.
Today Navarro now operates as a 9-12 high school that offers students the opportunity to earn their high school diploma in a small nurturing environment. Many students want both the extra academic support and acceleration to earn their credits and to pass TAKS. At Navarro, we know that relationships with students are essential. We are striving to become a project-based learning campus to provide real-world relevancy to student learning.