Home
School History PDF Print
History of O.P. Storm Elementary
The Open Door, published September 1926

Storm Elementary was erected in 1949 and named after Ollie Perry Storm, a teacher and administrator in elementary school education for SAISD. Ms. Storm endeared herself to raising the standards of elementary education. She worked closely with Elma Neal the Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Education to develop a curriculum for non-English speaking children, the first program geared towards the education of limited English proficient students.

Today Storm Elementary continues to lead the way as a pioneer in education. In July 2006, Storm Elementary, requested internal charter status as an academy that would offer the Dual Language program, and AVID methodologies. In August of 2006 the school achieved charter status and served 530 students, of which half were the participants in the dual language program.

It is the expectation of the administration, faculty and staff at Storm Elementary that we honor the request of Ms. Storm and the San Antonio Independent School District by "ensuring that all present and future personnel, privileged to serve at Storm Academy, do so in the spirit of devotion to the educational principals characterized by Mrs. Ollie Perry Storm."


 

 

 
[ Back ]