We are currently accepting applications for the class of 2019:
Get a jumpstart on your future:
- Simultaneously earn your high school diploma and up to 60 hours of college credit or an associate degree – free of cost to you and your family.
- Get an opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science
- Pursue industry certifications in the fields of information technology or automotive technology
- Transfer your college credits to other public colleges or universities in Texas to be applied toward a bachelor’s degree
Engage in a rigorous academic program:
- Create and maintain a personal portfolio that includes samples of academic projects, college and career research and workshops
- Begin taking college entrance exams, or practice versions, starting in the 9th grade
- Participate in a minimum of 25 service hours each year
- Apply to a minimum of four colleges or universities and submit at least six scholarship applications.
Take advantage of campus life:
- Attend school full-time at St. Philip’s College, taking both high school and college-level courses there.
- Enjoy the amenities and resources to which other St. Philip’s College students have access, such as academic labs, library, Student Center, swimming pool and tennis courts.
- Immerse yourself in college culture for a seamless transition from high school to higher education at a 4-year institution
Benefit from academic supports:
- Summer bridge programs during summers prior to the 9th and 10th grades, to include team building, soft skills and academic jumpstart programs in math and English.
- Academic mentoring sessions and study management strategies
- College Prep program to support academic, social and emotional needs of students
- Upperclassmen paired as “buddy” to freshman.
All 8th-grade students who live within SAISD boundaries are eligible to apply for a spot at St. Philip's Early College High School.
Some 100 freshmen will be accepted to the program, and students only will be accepted at the beginning of their freshman year for this program.
In addition to the residency requirement, this program requests that students are willing and ready to:
• Dedicate themselves to a rigorous academic program;
• Participate in classroom discussions and activities;
• Work cooperatively with teachers and other students on projects;
• Complete assigned reading and other homework prior to class and
• Provide their own transportation to and from St. Philip’s College.
November 21, 2014: Deadline to have application to student’s middle school counselor.
December 12, 2014: Deadline to turn application and all supporting documents to St, Philip's ECHS.. Students living within SAISD boundaries who do not currently attend an SAISD school may submit their applications by mail or in person to Dr. Derrick Thomas, St. Philip's ECHS.1801 Martin Luther King Drive, Bowden Room 119, San Antonio, TX 78203
January 16, 2015: Notification sent to applicants informing them of application status and inviting those accepted to attend interview.
February 2-13, 2015: Applicant interviews
March 2-6, 2015: Notification of acceptance and details about next steps