Events for Incoming Freshmen
Summer Bridge Program 2015
August 3-5, 2015
9:00 - 3:00 Monday/Tuesday
9:00 - 1:00 Wednesday
Registration for 2015-2016 School Year
August 4 - 6, 2015
8:30 - 11:30 AM and 1:30 - 4:00 PM
St. Philip's ECHS is no longer accepting applications for the Fall of 2015-16. Thanks to all who applied.
Get a jumpstart on your future:
- Simultaneously earn your high school diploma and up to 60 hours of college credit or an associate degree – free of cost to you and your family.
- Get an opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science
- Pursue industry certifications in the fields of information technology or automotive technology
- Transfer your college credits to other public colleges or universities in Texas to be applied toward a bachelor’s degree
Engage in a rigorous academic program:
- Create and maintain a personal portfolio that includes samples of academic projects, college and career research and workshops
- Begin taking college entrance exams, or practice versions, starting in the 9th grade
- Participate in a minimum of 25 service hours each year
- Apply to a minimum of four colleges or universities and submit at least six scholarship applications.
Take advantage of campus life:
- Attend school full-time at St. Philip’s College, taking both high school and college-level courses there.
- Enjoy the amenities and resources to which other St. Philip’s College students have access, such as academic labs, library, Student Center, swimming pool and tennis courts.
- Immerse yourself in college culture for a seamless transition from high school to higher education at a 4-year institution
Benefit from academic supports:
- Summer bridge programs during summers prior to the 9th and 10th grades, to include team building, soft skills and academic jumpstart programs in math and English.
- Academic mentoring sessions and study management strategies
- College Prep program to support academic, social and emotional needs of students
- Upperclassmen paired as “buddy” to freshman.