The campus Section 504 committee will review the recommendations and determine the appropriate services, which can include one or more of the following:
- reading intervention or tutoring;
- dyslexia program; and/or
- referral for special education assessment
and potentially one or more of the following accommodations to assist with:
- completing classwork.
- following directions.
- completing homework.
- developing study techniques.
- acquiring organizational strategies.
- taking tests/assessments.
- modifying instruction.
Teacher Training Requirements
- Must have valid Texas teaching certificates for the particular grade level(s) that they teach
- Must be trained in dyslexia and related disorders
- Must be trained in the program the district has developed or purchased for use with students with dyslexia as well as in instructional strategies that utilize individualized intensive, multi-sensory, phonetic methods.