Parents, students and community members packed the newly renovated Hawthorne Academy on May 26 to see first-hand $22.7 million in Bond 2010 upgrades to the in-district charter school. Among the improvements is a new three-story building that includes spacious science labs.
SAISD: A place where communities come together
Our mission in SAISD is to transform the District into a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community. Getting there will take the participation and support of our communities – our partners – from parents and grandparents to business leaders and elected officials.
With this page, we aim to keep our communities connected to our District, with information about Bond 2010 progress, Adult & Community Education courses, school reunions, upcoming school board meetings and more.
We hope you will take the time to learn more about the great things happening in SAISD.
- Community input meetings on plan to redefine excellence in SAISD - starting Sept. 9
- Zumbathon - Sept. 10
- Free- & Reduced-Price Meals for 2015-16
- Free- & Reduced-Price Meals – Community Eligibility Provision
- SAISD video showcasing learning opportunities tied to careers
- District Calendar 2015-16
- Required Postings