THINGS TO KNOW TO STAY ON THE HIGHER EDUCATION TRACK
1. Know your high school grading scale and the grade point
2. Know the graduation requirement for your high school
3. Choose classes that are challenging (they look good on
your college applications).
4. Meet with your counselor and discuss your high school plans.
5. Have discussions with your teachers about your future.
They are a great resource.
6. Know how your GPA is calculated and how colleges
7. Explore organizations and activities offered in your high
school. Get involved.
8. It is a good idea to have your goals (short and long term)
written down. Set priorities in accomplishing them.
9. Keep a log of your grades, GPA, and your accomplishments.
Note where they fit into your goal.
10. Attempt ALL assignments! STUDY EVERY DAY!
11. Begin exploring colleges, universities, and trade schools
and their majors.
If you think that higher education isn't for you get a Reality
Check at www.cdr.state.tx.us/realitycheck/
This is an exciting time . The choices you make now will
dictate your future.