Dec. 17, 2020 – Although San Antonio ISD will be closed for winter break, its two school-based clinics at Davis and Tafolla middle schools will be open for appointments Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., to meet the needs of the community. The clinics are operated in collaboration with the University Health System and are open to new patients.
The clinics are located in stand-alone portable buildings on the middle school campuses:
• The Davis Middle School clinic is located at 4702 E. Houston St. and appointments can be made by calling (210) 644-2050.
• The Tafolla Middle School clinic is located at 1303 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. and appointments can be made by calling (210) 644-2000.
The clinics provide care for the following health issues:
• Minor acute care (ear or throat infections, asthma, bronchitis)
• Physical exams/well-child checkups
• Primary care
• Sports physicals
• Health education on nutrition, disease and injury prevention
• Medication prescriptions as needed
Clinic staff can assist patients that are underinsured or uninsured make an account with Bexar County’s CareLink financial assistance program. Also accepted are private insurance, CHIP, Medicaid, and cash payment arrangements.