Subject Expert: SAISD Superintendent Search
Expert: James Guerra, JG Consulting
JG Consulting was selected by the SAISD Board of Trustees to serve as the firm to lead the search process for a new SAISD Superintendent. James Guerra of JG Consulting is available for interviews at the district’s town halls (see schedule below) or via telephone. Guerra can answer questions about the search process, a survey of leadership traits, what participants can expect at the town hall meetings, and the timeline to select the district’s next leader.
Jan. 22-30 (Daily) – SAISD COVID-19 mobile testing unit
10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays
10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday
Alamo Convocation Center, 110 Tuleta Drive, 78212
San Antonio ISD, in partnership with AccuReference, is providing COVID-19 mobile testing for the spring semester. SAISD staff, students, and families may participate in drive-up COVID-19 testing. Staff and students receive free PCR or rapid tests; family members receive free PCR or $30 rapid tests.
Jan. 24-Feb. 4 – SAISD Superintendent Search town halls
6 p.m., at the locations below; sessions also held virtually
Zoom links: www.saisd.net/suptsearch
Parents, staff, students, and community members are invited to share their input on the traits they believe the next SAISD district leader should have by completing a survey at www.saisd.net/suptsearch and by attending a town hall meeting.
• Jan. 24 (Mon), 6 p.m., Brackenridge High School Cafeteria, 400 Eagleland Drive, 78210
• Jan. 25 (Tues), 6 p.m., Sam Houston High School Auditorium, 4635 E. Houston St., 78220
• Jan. 26 (Wed), 6 p.m., Jefferson High School Cafeteria, 723 Donaldson Ave., 78201
• Jan. 27 (Thurs), 6 p.m., Lanier High School Cafeteria, 1514 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd., 78207
• Jan. 28 (Fri), 6 p.m., Harris Middle School Cafeteria, 325 Pruitt Ave., 78204
• Feb. 2 (Wed), 6 p.m., Edison High School Auditorium, 701 Santa Monica St., 78212
• Feb. 4 (Fri), 6 p.m., Highlands High School Auditorium, 3118 Elgin Ave., 78210
Jan 25, 27 (Tues/Thurs) – SAISD Family Power Hour workshops
Times and topic options below; sessions held virtually
Zoom links: https://www.saisd.net/page/parenttraining
The SAISD Family and Community Engagement Office holds free, one-hour parent training workshops on various topics of interest.
• Jan. 25 (Tues), 6 p.m. – Have you ‘HERD’ of the latest TikTok challenge?
• Jan. 27 (Thurs), 2 p.m. – Winter crafts for kids
Jan. 29 (Sat) – Parent summit on bilingual education
8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., via Zoom
San Antonio ISD Dual Language, ESL and Migrant program will present Siempre Bilingüe, an annual parent summit on bilingual education, culturally sustaining teacher, and content-based language instruction. Dr. José Medina and Angela Valenzuela are keynote speakers; there also will be parent presentations.
Jan. 29 (Sat) – Food distribution event
9 a.m., Alamo Stadium, 110 Tuleta Drive, 78212
Registration: www.saisd.net/fooddistribution; registration closes Jan. 27
SAISD is hosting a food distribution event in partnership with the San Antonio Food Bank. All SAISD families are welcome. Distribution will take place on a first-come, first-serve basis, while supplies last.
Feb. 5 (Sat) – SAISD Facilities Services job fair
8 a.m. to noon, SAISD Central Office, 514 W. Quincy St.
San Antonio ISD is holding a job fair to recruit for the positions of custodians, construction helpers, painters, journeyperson electricians, journeyperson plumbers, journeyman HVACs, drivers, and warehouse workers.