Skip Navigation
Office of Family & Engagement logo
Office of Family & Community Engagement

Contact Us

514 W. Quincy St.
San Antonio, Texas 78212
(210) 554-2205 (phone)
(210) 228-3029 (fax)

Constituent Services



The SAISD Constituent Services is a resource that serves the SAISD community by helping to address concerns, complaints, conflict and other school-related issues in an informal manner. Staff is available to listen to and analyze problems; identify and explain relevant SAISD policies and procedures; and explore options for parents and patrons.

Our goal is to resolve most concerns or complaints from parents and guardians informally and/or at the level closest to the concern as possible with the assistance of the site administrator.


How can a parent or guardian address a campus concern?

When a parent or guardian has a concern about a school policy or employee, we ask that they follow the steps outlined below to resolve the issue in a respectful, collaborative and positive manner:

Para ver este proceso en español, haga clic aquí.

Formal Complaint Process
If a parent/student is dissatisfied with the campuses' response to their concern, they can initiate a formal grievance. This process involves completing a district form, and participating in a hearing with a district administrator, who will issue you a written response. If a parent/student is dissatisfied with the response, they can file an appeal. All forms and policies are available below.

Board Policy Button
Administrative Regulation Button
Complaint Form Button
The Constituent Services Department does not handle employee concerns/grievances. Please contact Human Capital at 210-554-8400 should you need assistance in this area.

Records & Information

  • No, only legal parents/guardians have the legal right to information about a student including student educational records. 
  • The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives parents/legal guardians the right to inspect and review their child(ren)’s educational records, request amendment of the records, and have some control over the disclosure of information from the record.
  • Privacy law prohibits the sharing of employee information with people who are not the employee. 

Discipline Concerns

  • You may only appeal the decision if the placement extends beyond the end of the next grading period, in accordance with administrative regulations. Appeals go through the FNG (LOCAL) board policy regarding parent/student grievances.
  • Yes, you must follow the process outlined in FNG (LOCAL) policy covering parent/student grievances. You must file your grievance within 15 district business days from the date of receipt of the CTW. The CTW will remain in effect during the grievance process unless the duration of the CTW (specified on the document) has expired.
  • Speak with the campus principal regarding your inquiry, first. If they are not responsive, contact Constituent Services at (210) 554-2210 for further assistance.

Parent Consent

  • Students shall have a diminished expectation of privacy while under the jurisdiction of the District. School administrators may search a student's outer clothing, pockets, or property by establishing reasonable suspicion or securing the student's voluntary consent. Vehicles on school property are also subject to search. Areas such as lockers and desks, which are owned by the District and jointly controlled by the District and student, may be searched, and school administrators may routinely conduct blanket locker or desk searches.
  • Students are expected to cooperate with administrative staff in the investigation of disciplinary cases and to volunteer information within the students' knowledge relating to violations of the Code of Conduct. Administrators, teachers, and other professional personnel have the right to question students regarding their conduct or the conduct of others. Students may be requested to submit a written statement describing their knowledge of an incident.

District Department Concerns

  • If you wish to file a complaint about the actions of a police officer or about any aspect of police
    operations, please call the SAISD Police Department at (210) 354-9050 and let the answering operator know you want to file a complaint. You can also visit the Police Department at 1700 Tampico St., Suite 122, San Antonio, Texas 78207, and let any staff member know you'd like to file a complaint.
  • First, speak with your campus principal. If you still have questions, you can contact the Office of Disability Services at or call 210-354-9565.


  • Students in and out of SAISD who want to attend a different neighborhood school may submit a transfer request. Transfers depend on space availability and principal approval. Please visit the transfer page for more information and the process.


  • Please visit the following district webpage for attendance information.


  • The Office of Family and Community Engagement can assist with your inquiries and concerns regarding the volunteer application process at (210) 554-2205 or email
Press ENTER key to focus on the active panel

For additional support, view the additional resources below or contact Constituent Services at
(210) 554-2210 or by submitting your concern using the form above.

Copyright © {{YEAR}} San Antonio Independent School District. All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM